Friday 12 July 2013

How to love sitting at your desk.






This may seem a bit of an odd thing to say, but I really do Love sitting at my desk and you can too. It's not much to look at. But I am a big believer in perception. Perception is everything. You can look at your desk in two ways, the place where you just study or the place which will help launch you on a wonderful and exciting life. 

Try looking at your desk with....

Pride.

Every time you sit at your desk, you are taking a step closer to your goals. It's the place where you can make progress. Some days, you will feel like you have moved mountains with the amount of progress you have made. Others, an ant carrying heavy shopping has made more. But you are still getting closer. So be proud of it, it's a special place.

'I do Hard work here and that's a good thing.' 

When I do hard work, I succeed. It's really that simple. It will be the place where you write your best revision notes and some great coursework. Those successes will allow you to get the grades you want and give you options.

'Sometimes, I will fail here.'

I always find this quote useful to remember:

'Failure, failure, failure, partial success, renewed failure, ultimate and complete victory'
Randolph Churchill

If you get work back that is not quite the result you expected or wanted. Don't worry this desk that you're sitting at if you keep on working, things will come right.


So have a look at your desk and smile. Just by changing your perception a little, suddenly it's a place where you want to be.